Sony Reader recently announced that it was dropping its own proprietary ebook format in favour of the epub format. Which got me thinking a little bit about ereaders and magazines and newspapers.
Just a little thought – Adobe‘s inDesign publishes to epub format, and the epub format is capable of supporting images. So, does that mean that Sony‘s ereader may be gearing up towards a version which would support images?
That would certainly make it a more interesting platform for media publishers.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Sony Adopts Open (But Still DRMed) Format for eBooks (readwriteweb.com)
- E-book wars hot up as Sony goes open format (timesonline.typepad.com)
- Format Wars? Sony Adopts ePub (marketingvox.com)
- Could Sony Open eBook Decision Pressure Amazon? (daniweb.com)
- Shocking news: Sony to sell e-books in open format! (crunchgear.com)
- Sony takes Reader openness one step further, will offer EPUB titles only (engadget.com)